HOW TO USE EYE DROPS
- Before using eye drops, wash your hands.
- Sit down and tilt your head back, or lie down and look at the ceiling.
- Make a pocket in your lower lid by pulling the lid down with your index finger.
- Squeeze one drop into the pocket in your lower lid. To prevent the tip from getting dirty, don’t blink, wipe your eye, or touch the tip of the bottle to your eye or face.
- Close your eye gently. Keep your eye closed for 2-3 minutes without blinking.
- If using two or more medications at the same time, wait 3-5 minutes before putting the next drop in your eye to make sure the first drop has been absorbed.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for each eye and each medication you use.
Tip: If you are having trouble holding onto the bottle, try wrapping something (like a paper towel) around the bottle to make it wider. If your hands are shaking, try approaching your eye from the side so you can rest your hand on your face to help steady your hand.